Zum Inhalt springen

Passwort vergessen?

Jetzt registrieren

herr-der-ringe-film.de

Du befindest dich im Archiv unseres Forums. Hier sind alle Beiträge der Jahre 2000 bis Mitte 2008 gespeichert.

Auf Beiträge im Archiv kannst du nicht mehr antworten und Du bist hier auch nicht eingeloggt.

An aktuellen Diskussionen kannst Du in unserem Forum teilnehmen.

Ring*Con2005 » Ring*Con - Allgemeines » help needed in english please, we are from France...

laurance

Gefährte

help needed in english please, we are from France...

hi there!

I'm from France and we decided to go to Ring Con for the 1st time.
I have tons of questions as we don't understand german, and least to say the automatic translator is a laugh
I'm a little nervous because there are so many things i can't understand.
I'm asking here, hoping to find help because the contact form doesn't work for me and i don't know what to do though i'm aware that this thread is not made for that kind of letter:-)
I'd need some organisers'email but can't find them anywhere...
I just registered for me and my two friends for saturday and sunday tickets.:
I put their names on as asked on the registration form but i paid on my credit card for the 3 of us.
It's a pity one can't tick '3 tickets' for saturday for example. So i had to do it one by one, 3 times.
We'd like to be seated near each other please: Laurence VALETTE, patrice HAVEZ and Jean-Marc RICCETTI thx!
I think i forgot during my own registration (valette, the 1st one) to tick the box in front of 'credit card' as a way of payment,though i ticked the dot in front of my credit card 'mastercard', put the number and all...I hope that i will be registered allright anyway?
I miss a lot of details as most are in german :
- I guess the 'panels' with the guests will be in english at least?
-All the talks written in german in the recently released program will be in german i guess? example' franck weinreich'elfenwelten-die schonere realitat' is in german right?
-i didn't notice the photoshoots with the stars on the program? Will their schedule be released later?
I am mostly interessed by Mr Brad Dourif : no luck, his 1st talk is friday night, while we'll be on our way in the train...And his second is just before we leave on sunday!
-I hope at least he'll sign and have photoshoots on saturday?
-I have no idea of what is 'Ringstars tribute show' on saturday night?
- And i read about 'parties' but can't see them neither on the program?
-Do you have any idea of the prices of autographs and photoshoots please?
-Is it possible to buy the 'meal buffet' one by one when we are there, as we won't need 4 meals each because we only start the Con on saturday morning and leave back to France just after Mr Dourif talk on sunday?
We booked another hotel in Bonn which is a bit far so it would be easier for us to be able to have our lunches at the Maritim hotel , but is it still possible even if we didn't book the meals in advance or?
I'm really sorry about all these questions but it's our 1st time there and not understanding german is not helping at all as there are so few details in english on the site, i thank you a lot in advance!
I'm starting to panic a bit i must say
thx so much for the good soul who will answer some of my questions!
Laurence (it's a female name here in France btw)
  • Extras: Nachricht drucken
  • Auf den Merkzettel
  • Moderator benachrichtigen
  • Sende diesem Benutzer eine private Nachricht

Ithuriel

Gefährte

Re: help needed in english please, we are from France... [Re: laurance]

hi laurance,
welcome to the board.
If you need to contact someone at the office it will be Sandra verwaltung@fedcon.de She is the one who can help you with the credit card problem as well as the seating arrangements.

Each item on the programm which has the [D] in the title will be held in German.

the photoshoots with the guest never appear in the programm, because we will know about that schedule earliest on the 3rd October, when we had time to talk things out with the guests, only then will we know which actor does a photoshoot.Usually the photoshoots start on Friday afternoon and end around Saturday around noon, that depends on how mayn actors do photoshoots.

the Ringstars is a group of fans who provided Ring-Con with an amazing show for some years now, it is funny as hell and you really should not miss it.

the parties take place all the weekend, starting with Friday night after the official programm is finished for the day, sometimes it already starts when the programm is still running.

You can buy single meal vouchers at the box office in the hotel, or you try one of the foodstands, you do not need meal vouchers for those.

don`t panic, it will work out fine, believe me.
just be there and go with the crowds.

I hope I could help you a little.
  • Auf den Merkzettel

laurance

Gefährte

Re: help needed in english please, we are from France... [Re: Ithuriel]

i thank you so much for your help Ithuriel!:-)
  • Auf den Merkzettel

Aroha

Gefährte

Kia ora Laurance!

Tu a un PM. ;-)

Ka kite!

Aroha
  • Auf den Merkzettel

laurance

Gefährte

Re: help needed in english please, we are from France... [Re: Aroha]

thank you but ...ahem...What is the word in German which means 'answer to a PM'? I've read it but don't want to erase it by clicking on a wrong button...So where (what) is the button to answer to a PM please? :-/
I know it sounds stupid ...
  • Auf den Merkzettel

Aroha

Gefährte

Kia ora Laurance!

It is "Antworten". ;-)

Ka kite!

Aroha
  • Auf den Merkzettel

AkildareFotogalerie-Mod

Pooh Bär

Re: help needed in english please, we are from France... [Re: Aroha]

Hi laurance
you can change the language settings from German to English.
To do that go to "Mein Profil"
Then at the botton of the Side to "Haupteinstellungen"
Klick on the link "Ändern" right from
"Darstellungsoptionen, Anzahl dargestellter Threads, Sprache, Farbe, usw..."
It is the second Link from the top.

And on the next Side with the first option you can change the language, to save the settings you must klick on the Button "Abschicken" at the bottom of the side.

@Con
for some the Party starts Friday Morning and goes till Sunday
Buying lunches at the Con is no problem, there is a plenty of choices, if you get some time to eat it.
  • Auf den Merkzettel

MarcLee

RING*CON MC

Re: help needed in english please, we are from France... [Re: Akildare]

Hi Laurance (this is a girl's name?),

As you can see there are plenty of great people here who can help you. Ask any questions you may have and they'll/we'll try our best to get the answers for you.

Welcome to Ring*Con. You will have an awesome time.

Oh....and I like weisbier.
  • Auf den Merkzettel

Oscar

Gefährte

Re: help needed in english please, we are from France... [Re: Akildare]

Akildare schrieb:

@Con
for some the Party starts Friday Morning and goes till Sunday
Buying lunches at the Con is no problem, there is a plenty of choices, if you get some time to eat it.

Don´t forget about Thursday and Monday...
  • Auf den Merkzettel

laurance

Gefährte

Re: help needed in english please, we are from France... [Re: Oscar]

Thanks a lot for your kind answers guys:-)
With your help, i'm starting to gather all the infos i need to better prepare the stay there!
Need some more again: About the autographs: are the pictures to be signed provided by Ring Con when paying for the autograph? Or do we have to bring our own stuff to be signed? (pics from the web, or even a painting we made or whatever?)Plus are the autographs personnalised if we ask to? And is it ok to ask for a posed picture while getting the autograph, if the guest is ok, that is?
And something totally different: we are arriving friday night late (around 10Pm) at Koeln...What is the best way to get to Bonn? Any train or coach? Or taxi?
thx again!
....and i'll think about other questions now;-)
Btw, yes Laurance is a female name in french :-)
  • Auf den Merkzettel
Zusatzinformationen
Thread drucken