Zum Inhalt springen

Passwort vergessen?

Jetzt registrieren

herr-der-ringe-film.de

Du befindest dich im Archiv unseres Forums. Hier sind alle Beiträge der Jahre 2000 bis Mitte 2008 gespeichert.

Auf Beiträge im Archiv kannst du nicht mehr antworten und Du bist hier auch nicht eingeloggt.

An aktuellen Diskussionen kannst Du in unserem Forum teilnehmen.

Mittelerde & andere phantastische Welten » Der Herr der Ringe - Die Filmtrilogie » 20 Minuten RotK-Szenen für Pressefutzis [SPOILER]

chimera

Gefährte

20 Minuten RotK-Szenen für Pressefutzis [SPOILER]

Sechs längere Szenen aus RotK wurden einem ausgewählten Publikum präsentiert.

Die folgenden Szenenbeschreibungen lasse ich am besten mal für sich sprechen:

In Bezug auf:
#1. Frodo vs. Samwise vs. Gollum

The first one showed the scene that's in the trailer a bit - the one where Smeagol and Gollum debate about killing the Hobbits and getting the ring back for "me"/"us." Samwise stumbles across this, appearing in a reflection of the water. He attacks Gollum, but Frodo defends him. As they walk away, Gollum smiles a hideous smile Samwise's way and you feel they're in for further trouble.

Of course, Gollum looks good. Now that Two Towers has come and gone, we're used to what they've got going on with him and he's far better than any CG stuntman. Like in Two Towers, the inspired back and forth between the two halves of Gollum is right there and more diabolical than the "They don't love you!" of the previous film as it looks like Gollum may well take over the "good" part of what's left of Smeagol. It looks like they're setting up the ending quite well. Gollum mentions how he plans to dispatch of the Hobbits, saying that "she's always hungry" in reference to, well, read the [zensiert] books.

#2. Frodo vs. the Spider

Or, don't read the books. We've seen a lot of CG spiders in the past couple of years, from the one that's bent on eating the Staples Center in Gary Jones' Spiders (still, one of my faves), the crazy nasty ones in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and then the multitudes trying to end David Arquette's lifestyle in Eight Legged Freaks.

None of them come close to the one in Return of the King.

As a rule, I don't like CG. I don't like the Star Wars prequels because of the over-use of CG and unless I can't tell the difference - like with AMEE in Red Planet a lot of the time - I just get taken right out of the story by CG stuntmen, such as Peter Parker leaping from building to building in Spider-Man and Neo going CG in the burly brawl part of Reloaded. Now, this spider - albeit, it's a dark sequence - was scary. It moved like a spider that is half-chasing, half-toying with its prey and has the creepy quickness that makes spiders scary to people in the real world.

The scene began with Frodo being asleep in a web and waking up. He knows he's screwed and he busts out a crystal container that - we're reminded of in voiceover - that was given to him by Galadriel (yes, if I was one of TheOneRing.net guys or former CHUDDITE Joram Manka, I could give you the proper names and cite page numbers in the books, but I ain't) to use in his darkest moments. When the big, bad spider comes around the corner intent on making Frodo its lunch, Frodo activates the thing, it glows blue and seems to fend off the spider the way a cross or garlic momentarily frustrates a vampire. But the spider keeps coming. And it's scary. Cool sequence and no, we didn't really see the end of it.

#3. Faramir vs. The Orcs

Wow. This was my favorite sequence. It's a lengthy one, actually, and starts with Feramir talking to his father in a great hall at Gondor (I think it's Gondor). Papa-san obviously feels that Faramir isn't half the warrior that his brother, the fallen Boromir was and treats his son like crap for failing to stop the orc armies. With frustrated tears in his eyes, Feramir asks his father to "think better of him" when he returns and his father can't even accept that.

Faramir heads out with his men to charge upon the orc army that is hanging out in the ruins of the city across the future field of battle from Gondor. Inside the great hall - at the same time - Faramir's father continues to eat a sloppy meal of meat and fruits, popping a tomato in his mouth and slobbering out half of it as his son rides to his doom. He turns and, looking at him like a slave, asks Pippin - who ended up there for some reason - to sing him a song. Pippin, feeling the weight of the situation, doesn't feel much like singing, but finally does so anyway, calling forth a tragic sounding dirge that's intercut with Faramir's attack on the orcs. As the riders near the ruins, we see first a handful of orcs rise up with their bows and arrows...

...but as they get closer, that "few" turns into dozens which turn into hundreds. Slowly, we realize that it's obviously a suicide mission and always has been, a charging of the cannons in the style of Glory. We watch as the orcs ready their arrows as Merry continues his sad song. As the arrows fly, Pippin seems to feel the pain of loss while the tomato-eater merely continues gorging himself. Bitch.

#4. Elrond vs. Aragorn

This scene is excerpted a bit in the trailer as well as it's a night before battle and Aragorn comes into a tent only to find a cloaked figure in black waiting for him. It turns out to be Elrond who presents him with the sword of his forefather, the one who was actually able to use it to vanquish Sauron. We saw the shattered pieces of it in Fellowship, lying in the city of the elves in front of that big mural showing its use against the big bad evil fellow with all the rings (some day, I swear I'll have all these names memorized).

Anyway, it's been re-forged and Elrond gives it to a skeptical Aragorn. Like any good movie king, Aragorn is a bit wary of the responsibilities of supreme rule. But, he takes up the sword regardless - convinced by Elrond (who tells him the bad news - seems the orcs aren't only where Aragorn think they are, but are actually surrounding them at the same time, coming up by the river to flank 'em) - and we realize that the whole "Return of the King" title really does count for something.

#5. Eowyn vs. Theoden

This was an interesting talky scene like the one I mentioned just before (no, I don't think I'm writing these up in the order they were shown). Eowyn, looking depressed as hell, basically gets a lecture from Theoden saying that, yep, he's probably going to die the next day on the battlefield, but that his one hope in all of this is that he hopes she will find the day when she will "smile again." It's a sweet, intimate little scene that I'm sure, well, some chicks'll like. I could've used the giant spider coming up the cliff and eating them, but that's just me.

Oh, I shouldn't say that. It was a fine scene, but with so much crazy battle stuff to show, I was in the mood for what came next...

#6. Rohan vs. The Orcs

This is another scene that you see in the trailer. Gondor (assuming it is Gondor) is under siege by the orc army and looks pretty bad. Up on the hill not far away, we see the Rohan army with a couple of familiar faces including Pippin under a helmet, Eomer and, yep, Eowyn riding with Merry. Theoden gives a rousing speech about the danger they're about to face, but then rides up and down the line, bopping his sword against the tips of the many lances in a salute of sorts before leading the charge down the hill to the orcs.

Cut to black. ARGH!

It's a hell of a rousing speech and really gets you ready for "whatever" comes next. The "massive" CG bit for the wide shot shows you that, yep, there are lots of these riders and it's going to be an ass-kicking in the making (when they start riding, it's pretty cool). I can't wait.

And that's what they showed us. It's a tease, sure, but a nice reminder that, guess what? The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is on its way - December 17th (yeah, I'm going to the Archlight on the 16th to see ALL THREE - that's the way God intended it to be and I'm SO there). It will kick ass, it'll win Peter Jackson the Best Director trophy and Best Picture for the film. And hopefully, everything else as well. We live in bad ass times to get to see these roll out like.

Hail to the King, baby...

Quelle: CHUD.com
  • Extras: Nachricht drucken
  • Auf den Merkzettel
  • Moderator benachrichtigen
  • Sende diesem Benutzer eine private Nachricht

LuthiensTochter

Gefährte

Re: 20 Minuten RotK-Szenen für Pressefutzis [SPOILER] [Re: chimera]

Ein Cowboy als Herr der Ringe Fan - das beste in dem Artikel sind die persönlichen
Bemerkungen!
Ansonsten hört es sich schonmal ganz gut an, auch wenn man nicht allzuviel
Neues erfährt! Und Shelob scheint entgegen aller Behauptungen hier doch ganz ekelhaft zu sein
  • Auf den Merkzettel

Konflux667

Gefährte

Re: 20 Minuten RotK-Szenen für Pressefutzis [SPOILER] [Re: LuthiensTochter]

Klingt meines erachtens alles sehr possitiv, auch wenn ich erst bis zum 4 Punkt gelesen hab.
  • Auf den Merkzettel

SackheimBeutlin

Special Extended Edition

Re: 20 Minuten RotK-Szenen für Pressefutzis [SPOIL [Re: Konflux667]

In Bezug auf:
This is another scene that you see in the trailer. Gondor (assuming it is Gondor) is under siege by the orc army and looks pretty bad. Up on the hill not far away, we see the Rohan army with a couple of familiar faces including Pippin under a helmet, Eomer and, yep, Eowyn riding with Merry.

Pippin bei den Rohirrim? Wtf?
  • Auf den Merkzettel

Rascal

Gefährte

Re: 20 Minuten RotK-Szenen für Pressefutzis [SPOIL [Re: SackheimBeutlin]

Ich würde sagen da hat sich jemand vertan! Man hat Pippin ja schon in Gondor-Rüstung gesehen! Ich denke nicht das er wirklich bei den Rohirrim aufmarschiert!
  • Auf den Merkzettel

Westernesse

Waldläuferin des Nordens

Re: 20 Minuten RotK-Szenen für Pressefutzis [SPOIL [Re: Rascal]

In Bezug auf:
(some day, I swear I'll have all these names memorized).

Ein echter Experte...
  • Auf den Merkzettel

Aphadon en-Eru

Gefährte

Re: 20 Minuten RotK-Szenen für Pressefutzis [SPOILER] [Re: chimera]

In Bezug auf:
Faramir heads out with his men to charge upon the orc army that is hanging out in the ruins of the city across the future field of battle from Gondor. Inside the great hall - at the same time - Faramir's father continues to eat a sloppy meal of meat and fruits, popping a tomato in his mouth and slobbering out half of it as his son rides to his doom. He turns and, looking at him like a slave, asks Pippin - who ended up there for some reason - to sing him a song. Pippin, feeling the weight of the situation, doesn't feel much like singing, but finally does so anyway, calling forth a tragic sounding dirge that's intercut with Faramir's attack on the orcs. As the riders near the ruins, we see first a handful of orcs rise up with their bows and arrows...

...but as they get closer, that "few" turns into dozens which turn into hundreds. Slowly, we realize that it's obviously a suicide mission and always has been, a charging of the cannons in the style of Glory. We watch as the orcs ready their arrows as Merry continues his sad song. As the arrows fly, Pippin seems to feel the pain of loss while the tomato-eater merely continues gorging himself. Bitch.

Geht es nur mir so, oder scheint diese Szene diejenige mit Theodens "Horse and Rider"-Gedicht zu toppen? Mir lief es beim Lesen schon kalt den Rücken runter... *gänsehaut*

Jedes bisschen, das mehr über den Film bekannt wird, festigt meine Erwartung, dass er das Beste wird, was in den letzten Jahren zu Sehen war...
  • Auf den Merkzettel

AKHORAL

Gefährte

Re: 20 Minuten RotK-Szenen für Pressefutzis [SPOILER] [Re: Aphadon en-Eru]

Ich bin ja im Momnet auf der F... PJ " Seite "
Aber ich denke es wird GENIAL.
wenn es doch nur kleine Spoiler für Gandalf VS HK an Tor geben würde....
  • Auf den Merkzettel

Schatzzz

Gefährte

Re: 20 Minuten RotK-Szenen für Pressefutzis [SPOIL [Re: Rascal]

Ph0enix schrieb:
Ich würde sagen da hat sich jemand vertan! Man hat Pippin ja schon in Gondor-Rüstung gesehen! Ich denke nicht das er wirklich bei den Rohirrim aufmarschiert!

Genau. Er schreibt ja auch in der Szene mit Denethor von Pippin und Merry, die das Lied singen. Er meinte sicher nur einen ...
Wenn diese Szene wirklich mit Gesang über den Kampfszenen läuft, muss die ja klasse werden! Allein, die bedrückende Stimmung! *freu*

Grüße, euer Schatzzz, der es kaum noch erwarten kann
  • Auf den Merkzettel

SackheimBeutlin

Special Extended Edition

Re: 20 Minuten RotK-Szenen für Pressefutzis [SPOIL [Re: Schatzzz]

In Bezug auf:
aramir heads out with his men to charge upon the orc army that is hanging out in the ruins of the city across the future field of battle from Gondor. Inside the great hall - at the same time - Faramir's father continues to eat a sloppy meal of meat and fruits, popping a tomato in his mouth and slobbering out half of it as his son rides to his doom. He turns and, looking at him like a slave, asks Pippin - who ended up there for some reason - to sing him a song. Pippin, feeling the weight of the situation, doesn't feel much like singing, but finally does so anyway, calling forth a tragic sounding dirge that's intercut with Faramir's attack on the orcs. As the riders near the ruins, we see first a handful of orcs rise up with their bows and arrows...

Wetten diese geniale Szene kriegen wir wieder erst in der SEE zu sehen? Grmpf.
  • Auf den Merkzettel
Zusatzinformationen
Thread drucken